Wednesday, September 3, 2014

So now the schools has started.....

So this Monday was the first day of the semester. I was kinda fortunate not to have any classes the first day so I was able to fix all the administrative paper work, and in addition the school required a X-ray of our chest for the safety of the people living at the dormitories :S so I needed to go to a place next to Dunkin Donuts where they only took x-rays.

Quite special, but I got a CD of the X-ray afterwards... So that was cool

Then we spent some hours at the immigration office before going back and had some dinner at our local place. So as far as I now, everything is good now.

Some kind of omelet with fried rice inside. Quite ok but don't think I'll have it again 
After that we decided to have a look around our neighborhood and found out that it had many restaurants and crowded streets with stores. There we found a self-serving pub were you take what you wanted from the refrigerators and put the empty bottles in a bucket and bring that bucket to the counter when you were leaving.



The day after that I had my first course which was quite terrifying. I'm a master of science student and therefore I'm taking a course at that level, but thought it was going to be slightly easier then in Sweden. I think I was wrong, because we started of with 31 students but were only 11 at the end. Some could not take it because they were undergraduate students and many he just scared of. It seems to be a hard and demanding course but good one. The other course I started today was at the same level and it seemed to be as demanding as the first one but also very interesting and the professors seems to be really good.

Other than that I've continued to eat good food!!! Tried a deep-fried Korean bun with red-bean paste inside. Here in Korea they use a lot of red-bean paste in many kinda of desserts and pastries.


I like this one, never tried red-bean paste before so it was a
positive surprise that it was that good.
Today I was with Tomi, Eva and Natalia and tried Korean barbecue which was a super nice way to share a meal. So you have the meet that is being grilled and then many side-dishes and lettuce leaves, you take the lettuce and put meat and your choice of side-dish and then fold it together and thats it. We also decided to try some Raw rise wine, which looked like milk. Slightly carbonated and a little bit sweet. Not the best thing I have ever tried but I could try it again :) Ended the evening with a Patbingsu this time with rice-cake mix





Changing subjects here now, thought I should show you how my room looks like :) 
So my bed down to the left. Sorry for the mess didn't really feel like cleaning




                                     
I've also managed to wash some clothes, even though I have no idea what I did. I know I got it to 30C and they are still whole so I guess I got it.

Been so much stuff happening this days so don't know if this post was comprehensible at all. 
I will try to get some more pictures of the city, campus and the area I live in for the future =)

2 comments:

  1. Så Fint innlegg! Send over desserten.. det så godt ut! Hehe :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try to do that :) Or you just come here and try it by yourself

    ReplyDelete