Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This one goes out to all you KIMCHI Lovers out there

My first post on this blog was regarding the name I choose for it. I did apologies for deceiving those who entered this blog in hope of finding the Kimchi bible. But then again I did promise to post something Kimchi related here.... And here it comes :D

First of all I have been eating Kimchi probably everyday since I got here, so it is defiantly not my first encounter with this delicious side dish. But this time I got in close contact when me and my Maple group went to Kimchi making class :D It was of course not from scratch because the cabbage needs to ferment for some months, so we got already fermented cabbage that we mixed with the special saus. I was a little bit tired (hangover) during the class because me and my Buddie-group were out till 7 in the morning the same day. But it was still a lot of fun. 


Concentrated people making Kimchi
From this ....
To this ....
And the final product
Park my Korean buddie was
totally psyched for this 
He just needed to taste if it
was made to perfection

After that we were going to made Korean pancakes, guess what with... Kimchi of course ;) 8 months fermented and minced Kimchi. That is one dish that is quite easy to bring and make in Sweden, all I need to find is some Kimchi :D

Group H with their jars full of Kimchi

Got to try out some traditional clothes
 After the cooking was done we went to Insadong to walk around some before we ended the day with some dinner.




Looks like a Christmas Tree ... or something else?
Anyway it was filled with redbean paste and walnuts =)
They like to fill everything with redbean paste here ^_^

Bibimbap with Octopus :)
Yesterday I participated in the SKKU sports festival at the other campus. Sungkyunkwan has two campuses, one is located at Hyehwa which is very central in Seoul and one at Suwon which is another city located 30km south of Seoul. We spent the day mostly getting fried in the sun and eating food while watching people run around, and later a soccer game between SKKU vs Beijing. Eventually we could sneak away to play some basketball and later football against some Korean 20year old guys. They were very sneaky and fast. During this day the exchange student from the Seoul campus participated in a running competition, we got second place and WON 1.000.000 :D KRW of course.




Chung-il, our international
coordinator gave it a swing. 

Balloons 





Looks like the spider got himself some victims (Y) 

Halftime show/entertainment 

Halftime show/entertainment 

1.000.000KRW


That's about it. Kimchi class and Sport festival. Now I need to study because on Thursday I am going with a group to Busan (which is in the south of South Korea), and from there over to another city which is not decided yet :) 

Btw here comes a picture from the day before the Kimchi class 
Dried squid :D Not bad at all
Sundae, the real one. Pig's intestines filled with noodles and other stuff =) 




No comments:

Post a Comment